Monday, November 15, 2010

Please Grow Up

originally blogged on February 5, 2006

When I was in junior high and high school, there was always a certain group of girls and guys that would pretend to be my friends and then they would end up just playing mean tricks on me...such as prank calling me at home...making me look stupid in front of a crowd...you know, the usual immature teenager crap. Even then, I really didn't understand why people would want to act like that...and now that I've gotten older and more mature, I am still baffled by it.

Well, I got a phone call today from an individual that I continue to want to be friends with because he's a pretty loveable guy...most of the time. However, sometimes I feel like he's still in that immature teenager stage...like he has to make fun of other people to make himself look better. And really, I just don't understand why. He's 25 years olf for crying out loud. He has a lot going for him, and he'd have even more going for him if he'd try to make everyone feel important...no matter who they are.

So, I heard a girl laughing in the background of the phone call, and when I asked who she was, he said he was "with a lot of friends." Granted, I don't know why the hell they felt the need to call me to talk to me on the subject that they did, but it sure sounded like an attempt to make me look stupid. He even went so far as to tell me that he tried to text message me and that he remembered my cell phone wouldn't pick up at my house....so, he went the EXTRA mile to make me look dumb. For that, I am forever grateful. Thank you.

At what age will people get out of their high school-lovin', immature acting, shallow-living lives? It's just not worth it. Burning bridges is definitely not the way to live and neither is hanging out with mean people. I just hate seeing people being hateful and hurtful toward other people because I know how self-conscious it made me feel for a very long time.

I just still don't understand why some people seem to never grow up. Unfortunately, I guess he's just one of those people that I always thought I wanted to be friends with but really...my friendship means nothing to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment