originally blogged on April 20, 2006
It's official. My car is just having a bad year alltogether. If you've read any of my other blogs about this poor little car, you'd probably think it looked like a big 'ole piece of crap. Oddly enough, it still looks like a nice vehicle, and it still runs perfect (knock on wood).
So, 2 weeks ago, my friends Russell and Andrew and I were at O'Charley's on a Friday night. It was stormy, but it appeared that most of the storms were going north of Decatur. So - of course, I wanted to go out, and they just kinda tagged along with me. We hadn't been sitting in the restaurant for more than 15 minute when all HELL broke loose. That's when the 50-60 mph winds began blowing and the rain turned to ice...and the ice began shooting from the sky like little bullets. Evidently, there was a big red target sign on my car because the poor thing just sat there helplessly as the hail pelted the passenger side, roof, hood, and trunk.
From the looks of everything after the fact, the damage didn't appear to be that bad, but I figured I'd go have an estimate done from honda anyway just to see how much $ I'm looking at asking the insurance company for. $4900!!! I couldn't believe it! so, it's looking like I'll have the damage fixed which will include 2 new passenger side doors, a new front fender, new hood, and paintless dent removal on my room, trunk, and driver's side door. Crazy, huh?
Moral of the story: If it's stormy, STAY AT HOME. Those storms can be sneaky little bastards.
No comments:
Post a Comment