originally blogged July 6, 2006
That's right! I said it. Continental Airlines SUCKS. Here's my recent beef with the airline. on June 19, I was scheduled to fly out of Huntsville to Killeen, Texas (Ft. Hood) with a connection in Houston. Granted, Houston had a pretty bad rain that day, and I could understand a small delay...but 8 hours? Come on! We found out later on that the airline lied to us. They didn't have a pilot to fly the plane! So...I sat at Huntsville International Airport until 2:30PM for a flight that was originally scheduled for 6:30AM. Obviously, I missed my flight in Houston, so I didn't get another flight until later that night...finally arriving at my hotel around 9PM.
As if that wasn't bad enough...I was scheduled to LEAVE Ft. hood that Thursday. Well...I make my 11AM flight from Killeen to Houston without problems. When I got to Houston, I'm supposed to depart again at 3:40PM. 4 o'clock finally rolled around (again - this is Continental Airlines)....and I walke up to the attendant desk and asked what was going on. I had been sitting at the gate for 3 hours reading a book....and no one had announced anything. The attendant said, "Oh...that flight has changed gates!" I'm like, "WHAT THE CRAP!? You still have the flight on the scroll, and you didn't announce anything!" So...regardless...I went to the gate that I was supposed to now be at. When I arrived at the gate (which by the way is now in a different terminal), I'm informed that my flight has been cancelled due to weather! It was rainy in Houston that day, but CONTINENTAL AIRLINES was still flying out to Memphis, Chattanooga, and other surrounding areas. I called home and my parents told me that the weather was fine in Huntsville. So...once again, the airline had lied to me somewhere about something. Then they told me that the next flight they could get me on was SATURDAY! This was THURSDAY! I was like, "Are you ******* kidding me!?" I told them they would just have to put me on another airline. Their response was "Because this is weather related, we cannot be responsible for putting you on another airline." Oooooomygoodness. So, I called my boss, got the ok to move forward...called the travel agent...and $850 later, I'm on a flight out of Houston at 7:30 going to Atlanta on Delta Airlines. Unfortunately for me, when I arrived in Atlanta, there would be no flights going into Hutnsville that I could get on because they were all booked. So - I had to rent a car and drive a whopping 4 hours. I ended up getting home around 3AM on Friday morning.
Moral of the story: Don't fly with CONTINENTAL AIRLINES! They'll lie and cheat just to make a buck.
No comments:
Post a Comment