Monday, November 15, 2010

Minnesota, Day 1

originally blogged on November 1, 2006

High: 43 and foggy

Slept the better part of the flight. Got a sweet 2-door, white Monte Carlo for my rental. Curious about the snow-scraper that was laying in the passenger seat? Found my unimpressive Holiday Inn free of problems. No microwave, no frig. Internet works great, but my work email doesn't. Stayed on the phone for an hour and a half with Corporate IT to get it fixed. (I hate when I don't have admin rights sometimes.) Instead of visiting the company museum, I stayed at the hotel while IT fixed my email. Learned about every politician's negatives. Have memorized all campaign ads....as I've seen them all several million times now.

Ventured out last night and learned the roads. Located the building I will primarily be working in and found Target right around the corner. (Very noteworthy, obviously). They have real Mexicans working at Taco Bell...NO HABLO INGLES! Came back to the hotel with my Taco Bell and watched the CMAs (including Faith's possible career goof!).

No comments:

Post a Comment