originally blogged on February 24, 2006
Today is a good day. The weather is beautiful, work is moving right along, and I feel good! Perhaps it's because I got myself out of bed eary to go to the gym this morning...nevertheless...
Today is the girls' first softball game. I'm really excited and hope they do great. Say a little prayer that they'll all be kept safe and healthy!
Softball season is full of good times, good friends, good laughs, and in some cases, sad times. Hopefully our sad times will be limited because last year took a toll on the entire team...including your's truly.
However, sad times for me are in the things in my life that are being put on hold for a few months due to coaching. This includes my Friday night tradition with my cousin Jeremy's wife, Tracy...our once-a-week catch-up dinner and drinks at O'Charley's in Decatur. We've grown to be great friends over the past year, and I hate to see that time together ending...at least for a little while. Not only that, but I've made so many friends there that work there and hang out there that I won't be seeing for a while. :( In addition, my mother and step-dad are moving the camper back to the lake today! I'm going to miss 2 good months of camping and fishing with the family. Of course, I'll still be able to go over there during the week when I want, but it isn't the same when there's no one there to spend my time with.
All in all, I think we are going to have a very successful season...possibly a state championship?! the girls, I think, are prepared both mentally and physically. They've exceeded my expectations already, and I look forward to each day I spend with them. I think they keep me young. They've become more like my little sisters than just the kids I coach. And if you're one of my players reading this...know that you have 4 coaches that care so much about you...even if you think you're ready to kill us somedays. :)
We'll be playing at the SportsPlex all weekend in the HHS Panther Tournament (that obviously we're hosting). If you need something to do, come out and cheer them on!
No comments:
Post a Comment